With so much going on in the world it can be easy to forget the otherwise much anticipated holidays that are approaching! And guess which one of them is up next? Quite possibly one of the most important celebrated days of the year… Mother’s Day! Yes, it is just around the corner!
Since many of us find we are home more than usual these days and have some more time on our hands, we suggest using this time constructively and getting a little creative… for mom! But don’t you worry, we are here to help!
Check out some of our fun and thoughtful Aruba inspired ideas and gifts for that special mom in your life!
- Make your mom a tropical cocktail (or virgin cocktail)… you can’t go wrong with this one! Do you know her favorite vacation beverage of choice? Perhaps an Aruba Ariba, Mudslide or Margarita will do? Get drink recipes here.
- Buy her a new pair of stylish shades for her next trip to Aruba (who knows maybe you’ll be invited, wink). A pair of new shades will have her Aruba day dreaming in no time plus eye protection from the strong Aruba sun is a must!
- Don’t you think she needs a cute hat to go with the shades? Or how about a nice beach towel? Get her beach ready!
- She may not be able to soak up the island’s sun at this very moment in time, but you can still spoil her with Aruba Aloe’s renowned sun and skin care products so that she is well prepared for when she arrives on the island! Currently products are not available for purchase online from outside of Aruba, but in the meantime, you can purchase a gift certificate for her to use as soon as she arrives! In the future, arubaaloe.com (US & Canada) and www.arubaaloe.nl (Europe) will be offering online purchases. PS – Aruba’s aloe is considered to be the finest aloe in the world, making it the perfect addition to your mom’s skin care routine!
- Make her a special treat, island inspired of course. Why not try making a local favorite, Quesillo? Or perhaps she’s not into sweets, whip her up a yummy snack to go along with that tropical cocktail she’s sipping on!
- If you know your mom is planning a trip to Aruba within the next year, surprise her with a spa gift certificate for during her vacation! How about eforea Spa, Okeanos Spa or ZoiA Spa? Contact your desired spa of choice for details and regulations.
- While we all know beaches easily come in at number one, with regards to our visitor’s favorite “vacation activities”, dining in Aruba comes second for many! There is nothing like eating some fresh, delicious seafood or a local delight at your favorite restaurant in paradise! Get your mom excited for her first dinner in Aruba by purchasing a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant on the island! Contact us for assistance in getting in touch with the restaurant of your choice.
- Make a relaxing “island vacay” playlist for your mom to play whenever she needs a little break from reality. All she will need to do is close her eyes and she will be swaying along to the music and palm trees in no time!
- Are you into arts and crafts? This is your time to shine! Grab those paint brushes or pencils and make her some island art to hang on the wall. Aruba art decor can provide a beautiful daily reminder to take it easy, be happy and look forward to your next trip to Aruba!
These are just some of the ways you can bring Aruba to your mom… the options are endless, so let the creativity begin!
At the end of the day, your mom may not be in Aruba for Mother’s Day, which is quite possibly on the top of her wish list this year (as well as yours)… BUT that does not mean you cannot give her that “happy Aruba vacation feeling” from home! Soon enough, she (and you, if you’re lucky) will be hopping on a plane to our One Happy Island. Until then, we hope you make the most of your time together and please know, our island looks forward to welcoming you as soon as possible!
Wishing all of the mothers out there, a very happy Mother’s Day!
Photos by: Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino