There is much more to the Caribbean than just its pristine white sandy beaches and clear turquoise water, travelers will find plenty of sights and attractions to keep them busy during their vacation. Every year USA Today Readers’ Choice 10Best lists help to showcase all there is to do and see in some of the most sought-after travel destinations in the world.
Aruba’s National Park covers almost 20% of the island and is quite a sight to see with endless hills covered in cacti, flora, rock formations, and a variety of wildlife. Dramatic blue waters await as you approach the beautiful, rugged coastline broken by several bocas (bays). There is much to discover, such as hidden caves, natural pools, sand dunes, hiking trails, wild beaches, and other beautiful hideaways that require an adventure to find.
The park offers unique geological, cultural and historical sites making for an array of educational experiences for visitors of all ages. With so much beauty to explore in Aruba’s National Park, we highly encourage you to head to the park’s visitor center when you’re on the island, to purchase a day or year pass so that you can experience it for yourself. Get a sneak peek of the park in this virtual hike.
The top 10 winners in the “Best Caribbean Attraction” category are as follows:
- Belmont Estate – Grenada
- Arikok National Park – Aruba
- St. Maarten 12 Metre Regatta – St Maarten
- Shete Boka National Park – Curacao
- Dunn’s River Falls – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Nelson’s Dockyard – Antigua
- Lucayan National Park – Grand Bahama Island
- The Baths National Park – Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- St. Nicholas Abbey and Steam Railway – Barbados
- House of Chocolate Museum – St. George’s, Grenada
How was this list selected? A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the popular vote of readers determined the top 10 winners.