Chilled Tomato Consomme
Enjoy a delicious soup served in a wine goblet read more
- 2 cups canned Del Monte Italian plum tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Martini & Rossi dry vermouth
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garnish: finely shredded lemon peel and/or lime peel
In saucepan, simmer tomatoes and broth for 5 minutes. In blender or processor, blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl or pitcher and whisk in vermouth, sugar, salt, whisking until sugar and salt are incorporated. Chill for several hours or overnight. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with shredded lemon or lime peel.
Serve in glass cups or wine goblets.