Antillean-Style grilled Swordfish or Shark
Place pineapple and sweet potato slices on grill. Cook, covered, 2 minutes each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Add decoratively to platter. Serve immediately.
- 1-8 ounce can Del Monte unsweetened pineapple slices, juice reserved
- 4-4 ounce fish steaks, each about 3/4" thick
- 8-1/4" slices peeled sweet potato or yam
- 4-1/2" slices purple onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugarÃ??Ã?Â
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco, or to taste
Arrange pineapple slices on bottom of large shallow baking dish. Place fish steaks on top of pineapple. In bowl, mix together sweet potato and onion slices. Place on top of fish steaks. In small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice, lime juice, vegetable oil, sugar, grated rind and Tabasco. Pour over pineapple, fish and vegetables, coating well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Prepare grill and brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place fish and onion slices on rack. Cook, covered, 4 minutes each side or until fish is done basting occasionally with reserved marinade in baking dish. Remove to warm platter. Place pineapple and sweet potato slices on grill. Cook, covered, 2 minutes each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Add decoratively to platter. Serve immediately.