Saturday, July 13, 2024 skip to main content


Before starting its business operations, a corporation must apply for the following licenses:

A business license

This allows the company to start and maintain a business in Aruba. Applications must be directed to the Minister of Economic Affairs.

A director's license

Must be sought for each of the company's foreign managing directors, allowing him to act on behalf of the company. Applications must be directed to the Minister of Economic Affairs.

A residence and work license

Must be sought for any foreigner to be employed by the company, who intends to take up residence in Aruba.

The application for a business license has to be done with:

Directie Economische Zaken
L.G. Smith Boulevard 160
Oranjestad, Aruba
Phone: +297 521 2400 
Fax +297 583 4494

Temporary or Permanent Work Permit

Any foreigners who want to be employed or conduct business on the island must have a work permit. The work permit will normally be granted only if there are not qualified persons locally available. In general, requests for work-permits will only be taken into consideration if filed through a local employer, who has to accept full responsibility for any possible expenses to be made by the government relative to the employees.

back to Business

about-aruba business business-licenses

Our site requires cookies and various 3rd party services to function properly. To continue using you must consent to our Cookie & Privacy Policy.
Continuing to use the our site signifies your acceptance.